The Maintenance Planner's primary responsibility is to create work plans that assure a quality repair can be performed safely and efficiently. The Maintenance Planner determines the proper scope of a job to solve the problem's root cause and how to complete the job. Job scope will include identifying the labor requirements, materials, special tools, equipment, and sequence of job steps required to safely, efficiently, and effectively accomplish a given task.Key accountabilities
- In conjunction with operations, maintenance, and technical teams, accurately determine the job's scope to restore the equipment to a safe and reliable state.
- Determine the resources (materials, tools, labor, equipment, etc.) needed and the potential risks and record them on the planner checklist. Identify permits that may be required. Conduct surveys of offshore equipment as necessary to determine required resources.
- Create work plans to allow efficient scheduling, assignment, contingency planning, and safe execution of work.
- Request and coordinate input from technical teams, maintenance technicians, leadership, and others to develop work packages.
- Maintain task list libraries and bills of material for equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of preventive maintenance routines and modify them as needed.
- Validate and adjust with stakeholders' feedback, the required maintenance order fields during planning (target dates, priority, function, location, failure code, etc.).
- Maintain a healthy of backlog maintenance orders waiting to be planned per the maintenance order priorities.
- Continually look for opportunities to reduce cost through process improvements.
- Review feedback from the field to identify opportunities for improvement.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.Essential experience
- 5+ years of maintenance craftsmen experience required. Must be at a journeyman level in core craft and have a general knowledge of other crafts.
- 2+ years of maintenance craftsmen experience in the field environment preferred.
- 2+ years of maintenance planning experience preferred.
- Advanced PC skills, including CMMS (SAP/Fiori preferred), Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge of the maintenance work process from work identification through maintenance order closure.
- Extensive knowledge of how to safely and efficiently execute maintenance work in an industrial environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
Other requirements (e.g., Travel, Location)
- Strong background and knowledge in operations related to the Oil and Gas industry, petrochemical, refining or nuclear.
- Experience in preparing the job and work plans, including scope, skills identification, time, cost estimates, resource availability, and operational coordination, preferred.
- Experience communicating and interfacing with all levels of the company and outside contacts.
Able to work offshore to cover for vacations and training as needed.Desirable criteria
- General knowledge of typical maintenance work management systems, processes, roles, responsibilities, and interface relationships.
- Knowledge of typical offshore process equipment
- Job scoping skills
- Research and information gathering abilities
- Digital tools utilization abilities
- Meeting facilitation skills
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and ability to access bp policies, procedures, and standards
- Coordination and communication skills
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com
; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster
and the poster supplement
- for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement