Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Overall Responsibilities:
Primary Areas of Operation:
- Learn and understand the required Process Steps and Sub-Process Steps through the Standard Work Instructions and work orders.
- Follow safety policies and guidelines; learn and maintain the importance of working safe without fail.
- Report safety concerns/hazards and take corrective actions whenever / wherever possible.
- Understand the importance and requirement to follow procedures to ensure the quality standard are maintained
- Follow and support continual process improvements and implementation of Quality Management System requirements.
- Perform verification of measuring equipment calibration for all applicable processes; inform the supervisor of any damage to or loss of equipment; return tools and supplies to identified storage.
- Achieve a minimum level of meets expectations on performance review, including attendance, team work, housekeeping, safety and quality.
- Assist if needed in shipping, receiving and production to facilitate on-time-delivery.
- Maintains knowledge of plant operations.
- Performs other related duties assigned by Quality Manager.
- Ensures compliance to Weatherford and ISO standards.
- Performs incoming, in-process and finished products inspections conducting visual and measurement tests based on blue prints.
- Analyzes and documents product test results
- Identifies, records, communicate, and follow-up product non-conformances for disposition using corporate tools
- Communicates non-conformances to supplier and coordinates return of unacceptable materials.
- Coordinates efforts for proper testing with outside vendors.
- Reports quality concerns and take corrective actions whenever / wherever possible.
- Performs tools calibration and reports results using corporate tools.
- Assists with unusual quality control testing where required.
- Prepares technical material and test reports.
- Organizes and files test results for future reference
- Blueprint reading and understanding.
- Read and use of measuring and testing instruments e.g. Gages, Micrometers, Calipers.
- API threading measurement knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge and use of hand tools, including pneumatic and hydraulic power tools.
- Understanding of machine tolerances and how tolerance stack ups can affect tooling.
- Report writing skills: neat handwriting; developing level of computer usage and data entry
- 2 to 5 years' work experience in manufacturing and assembly
- 2 to 5 years in a Quality Control role
- Quality Standards and Systems experience
- Incoming material and final product inspection experience
- Keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Must be aware of hazardous materials and the proper handling of these materials
- Must have the ability to follow directions, work independently
- Good communication skills in verbal and written English
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Team work skills
- Computer and scanning experience