Skills: Graphics Design
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Graphic Designer to work in one of our UK locations.
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you will be involved in every stage of the creative process from brainstorming and conceptualization, through to design and implementation. You will support the Creative Services Manager, working closely within the team to translate business and design briefs into engaging and effective solutions that elevate our brand.
This role offers the successful candidate the chance to be part of our multidisciplinary team, supporting the global Communications and Marketing functions in delivering key strategic projects and creative campaigns.
The candidate will need to be self - motivated, highly disciplined and process driven. It is important that you possess the high levels of commitment and motivation required to manage varying deadlines across multiple projects. You will have to be comfortable working on your own initiative as well as part of a dynamic team, bringing fresh ideas and collaborative thinking to every task.
In this role you will be responsible for producing a wide range of print and digital outputs including marketing collateral, exhibition & conference displays, advertising campaigns, social media content, document design, brand development and internal communications.
Skills / Qualifications
We are looking for a highly creative individual with excellent levels of problem solving organizational and time management skills to contribute to all aspects of design and branding output. You will need to be the type of person that has a boundless passion for visual communication and an ability to channel that passion into an enthusiastic and collaborative approach to shaping our visual identity and ensuring consistency of brand application across everything we produce.
- Good experience in an agency or inhouse creative environment
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback effectively
- Ability to lead the creative direction of projects, coordinating project teams to work alongside other disciplines
- Ability to dissect a brief, understand strategy and translate it into original concepts
- Highly skilled in the use of Adobe CC including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Competency within Microsoft office applications is also necessary
- Excellent visualization and presentational skills
- Appetite for problem solving
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the proven ability to follow processes and guidance
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- A strong eye for detail
- Ability to develop and contribute to the evolution of our brand identity
- Experience in image manipulation and photo editing
- A working knowledge of print production and processes in a commercial printing environment
- Competence in creative copy / ad writing
- You will have an inspiring portfolio full of your own recent work
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.