Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
The Wood Novi, Michigan office is seeking a motivated, mid-level Environmental, Health & Safety Professional to support our team in Michigan. The Novi office includes a multi-disciplinary environmental, health & safety consulting team with approximately 50 professionals including engineers, scientists, environmental permitting, and designers. Wood offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging and innovative projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental, health and safety challenges and requires the following skills/experience for the position roles/responsibilities:
- Demonstrated task and project management skills
- A foundation of environmental, health & safety (EH&S) compliance experience
- Mastery of federal, state and local environmental, health and safety regulatory programs
- Laboratory or manufacturing facility EH&S and compliance experience
- Developing site specific EH&S compliance programs based on federal, state and local regulations, as well as, compliance with client company directives. Examples of programs include, environmental permitting and inspections for multi-media (air, hazardous waste, stormwater and spill prevention control), Chemical Hygiene, Laboratory Safety, Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention, Exposure Control, Waste Minimization, Waste Management, Contingency Planning, etc.
- Have the ability to manage EH&S programs at client facilities serving as an EH&S coordinator for various clients
- Assist with EH&S compliance audits/inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist with EH&S management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs
- Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, training, and correspondence with government agencies
- Develop and conduct site specific EH&S training programs, including but not limited to, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure, Stormwater Pollution Prevention, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Bloodborne Pathogens, Biosafety, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Hazardous Waste Management, Respiratory Protection, RCRA/DOT, HAZWOPER, etc.
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, facility decommissioning, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Be motivated, outgoing, and have the ability to interact with employees within various different industry settings
- Conduct job safety analyses for jobs/tasks performed within various different industry settings
- Conduct incident investigations for clients following incidents occurring at client sites
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree desirable
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required
- Primary knowledge in EPA, Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy (EGLE), OSHA, Michigan OSHA regulations, as well as knowledge of other federal, state, and local regulations
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Strong organizational abilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- Ability to travel frequently to project sites, including sites remote from the office, as part of on-site team
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, if required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Professional certification in EHS (CHMM, CSP, ASP, OHST or similar)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
- Self starter and fast learner
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.