Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join in operations in Equatorial Guinea.
The position is to work in Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis, the normal working rotation is TBC but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
Required to provide oversight on monthly accounting close, validates entries and performs P&L and Balance sheet Analysis. Assists in review of Joint Interest Billing and Cash Call process Performs ad hoc analysis in support of the team as necessary. Provides a key role in supporting Team Lead and in training, developing and mentoring national staff.
- Assist Team Lead in managing the close process
- Train and mentor national staff to optimize their abilities and prepare them to take on larger duties
- Identify areas of improvements and provide recommendations.
- Monitor departmental adherence with Accounting Policies, including the Monthly Accounting Close Calendar
- Complete key periodic metrics including tie-outs of subledgers general ledgers, volume and general ledger account variances, and trend and expectation analyses
- Review key accounts and/or trial balance to assure that all activity has been recorded.
- Monitors the Account Reconciliation Review process for completion, identification and aggregation of key reconciling items and action plans to clear balances
- Assist in preparing and presenting audit papers and lead sheets to the external auditors
- May perform cost control duties in support of Lease Operating Expense or Capital projects
- Assist in preparation of external presentation materials and drafting of memorandum
- Provides guidance and awareness to departmental manager on any potential cost or financial issues or potential overspend
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Batchelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- A number of years accountancy experience in the oil and gas or relevant industry
- Understanding of management accounting and financial reporting and budgeting
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP) and knowledge of financial statement components
- Cost control, cost management background helpful
- Ability to mentor and coach staff
PC Application Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office software
- Proficiency in Oracle and Hyperion preferable
- Proficient in written and spoken English, Spanish beneficial
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.