Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer reports to the Area Commissioning Team Leader. The Lead Commissioning Engineer will have Commissioning Engineers and Technicians reporting to them.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
• Ensuring Safety is the highest priority on the project with a continued strive towards Zero Harm. He ensures that they are a role model for all aspects of safety, ensuring a proactive approach to nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental safety
• Leading a team of commissioning Engineers and Technicians
• Leading all testing activities throughout all stages of commissioning
• Supervising the production of commissioning test documentation
• Supervising and organising of Commissioning Technicians and support resources
• Supervising the initiation and implementation of FOBs and TQs
• Liaising with the regulatory compliance representatives to ensure witnessing of commissioning activities is expedited
• Recording and management of Temporary Commissioning Aids
• Recording of supporting data in accordance with test requirements
• Ability to utilise completions management systems to manage commissioning activities, and handovers from construction to commissioning and commissioning to client
• Ability to schedule work and to manage work against a project schedule
• Ability to take part in multi discipline design reviews and work with the engineering team
• Actively drives continuous improvement within the commissioning process
• Actively drives progress to meet schedule deadlines
Qualifications and Experience
• Time served or equivalent in an engineering discipline e.g. piping or electrical discipline
• Preference for HNC or equivalent or route to achieve the qualification
• 8 years project commissioning experience
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.