Austin, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
United States of America - Louisiana, New Orleans
AECOM has two (2) positions available for a Compliance Specialist to work in either New Orleans, LA, Houston or Austin, TX.
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Create and submit state and federal environmental reports - Title V permitting, PSD, emissions modeling
- Draft corrective actions to prevent incident reoccurrences
- Managed information for environmental audits and investigations
- Provide recommendations and solutions for nonconformance findings
- Generally, requires multi-disciplinary knowledge
- Utilize advanced scientific principles, theories, practices, and existing technologies when working on compliance issues related to raw water resources, potable water supply, TPDES/LPDES, construction stormwater; local stormwater management, sanitary wastewater
- Interpret and record data, conduct analyses, compare findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Develop innovative solutions to compliance issues
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
With world class technical expertise, leading edge technology and innovative project delivery capability around the world, AECOM's global environmental practice helps industry and government meet their business goals - to achieve compliance, reduce or eliminate risks and manage impacts. We provide advisory and technical services to help clients cleanup and close contaminated sites and surplus operational facilities and restore them for reuse, plan and permit new facilities, address critical climate change issues, restore habitats and water quality, protect natural and cultural resources, maintain compliance, and cost effectively manage residuals and wastes.
- Bachelors of Science degree and 8+ years of demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Compliance experience must include one or more of the following:
- Water compliance issues related to raw water resources, potable water supply, TPDES/LPDES, construction stormwater; local stormwater management, sanitary wastewater
- Experience with local state, county, and city agencies in Texas and/or Louisiana
- Knowledge of/experience with Clean Air Act (PSD/New Source Review and Permitting; emissions modeling; Title V permitting)
- Conducting noise assessments
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelors degree in Engineering is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant compliance experience is desired
- Experience with USACE (US Army Corp of Engineers)
- Experience with US EPA
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 245149BR
Additional Locations US - Austin, TX - 9400 Amberglen Boulevard, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.