Manager, Software Development Organization : IT - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution . Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally. Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow? Job Description
As a Manager of Software Engineering you will manage multiple Scrum teams consisting of a variety of disciplines, including UI Engineers, Scrum Masters, Analysts, Data Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Support Engineers in the evaluation, analysis, design, development, implementation, monitoring and support of new and existing systems-related projects and features utilizing multiple platforms. Work closely with Product Management and business area management regarding technical alternatives or enhancements that are consistent with Product roadmaps and business strategy. Interact with systems users, and participate in the architecture of software solutions. Candidate must be a hands-on technical leader capable of designing and implementing systems. Function
Do you tick all the boxes?
- Manages software development teams to deliver timely, high quality software products consistent with ENGIE Impact's Product roadmap.
- Identifies and presents IT solutions to automate various business processes to improve productivity and reduce business expenses in line with the corporate vision, growth strategy, and changing business requirements.
- Ensures business applications and data structure priorities are in continual alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership to the group that supports the company's mission, vision and values.
- Provide a tight collaborative environment between Software Development and Product Management.
- Participate in Product planning sessions with the Product Management team.
- Lead and/or participate in one or more Communities of Practice areas.
- Understanding of technology industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices, and uses that knowledge to recommend new tools and technologies
- Develop a thriving engineering team culture
- Able to inspire and maintain a positive atmosphere of innovation and success
- Hire, grow, and develop talented software development teams and/or manage onshore/offshore contractoros to deliver a quality product on time.
- Provide/review budget and schedule estimates for change requests/quoting activity.
- Actively manage risks to provide on time delivery of the software products.
- Actively participate in distributed system architecture design and review
We are looking for talented and motivated people
to create the future of sustainability transition
. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or BA in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology, software development life cycle and methodologies, general business processes and applications.
- 5 years experience in the software development arena.
- 3 to 5 years management and strategic experience in this field.
- 3 to 5 years experience in an agile software development process
- Experience in supporting the foundation for developing, testing and implementing large-scale applications and IT services.
- Demonstrated experience in working with external consultants, strategic partners, suppliers, and various onshore - offshore service providers to ensure that the business requirements are met under one of the leanest budgets.
- Preferred experience with cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc.), NoSQL databases, serverless, distributed systems, etc.
- Preferred experience working DevOps concepts including CI/CD, IaaS, Containers, pipeline development
- An ideal candidate believes that quality is everyone's job and embraces automation, unit testing, and documentation as part of the definition of done for the teams they support.
- An ideal candidate embraces servant leadership and spends the majority of their time working to remove impediments and reduce ambiguity on behalf of their teams to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in SCRUM Agile project methodology
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021