ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Project Manager
located at the University of Maryland in College Park, MD
. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, independent Project Manager to support ENGIE Asset Optimization at the Combined Heat and Power Plant. This is a technical role that also encompasses customer facing responsibilities.
What you'll do:
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop project plans with key milestones
- Manage projects involving significant engineering development, third-party interfaces and that include field testing and installation
- Organize the scope, schedule, and implementation plans of each project
- Create and track project budgets and manage contractor invoice approval and payment
- Create project schedules, edit as need, maintain notes/next steps and assigned actions, and communicate to the project team and/or sponsors in a timely manner
- Coordinate and manage project meetings with Engie local staff, contractors and University of Maryland representatives as needed
- Summarize deliverables from cross-functional project meetings with timeline implications and key decisions
- Develop and maintain relationships with all project stakeholders
- Establish standards and procedures for project documentation, communication, and tracking including KPIs
- Achieve optimal project outcomes by influencing across the organization and enhancing operational culture
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business and/or technical discipline from an accredited college or university or; High School Diploma from an accredited school or institution and minimum 7 years of experience in commercial or industrial project management or construction
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial or industrial project management or construction. Combined heat and power operations including steam distribution systems is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation, and computer skills and be able to use them with in all levels of the company
- Experience with MS Office tools/MS Project
- Prior experience in customer facing role
- Strong Interpersonal skills with customers, peers, team members
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 11, 2021