Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Primat is looking for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to join one of the leading Petrochemical companies based in Teeside for a 6-month duration.
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer will provide concept, FEED, and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical, and sustainable solution that meets client demands.
In onshore applications, this typically includes large-scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments, it involves topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modeling, analysis, and design of structural systems based in harsh environments to weight control and engineering.
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations, and Procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review
- Maintain good communication with the client
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley's Engineerings values and ensuring the realization of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies, and procedures
Qualification, Training, and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering subject
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards, and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Competent in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in the use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures, and responsibilities
- Able to technically direct design personnel within discipline