Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
Wood is currently recruiting for a Fire Training Instructor on a casual basis located in our New Plymouth office. This position is responsible for delivering a wide variety of training in several defined topics.
- Training and course materials
- Deliver training as per the Wood Training course outline and instructors guide (if available), or as advised by the Operations Manager
- Adhere to course assessment and administration duties as per Wood Training course administration procedures.
- Supervise training assistants to ensure performance standards are met in line with existing Wood policies and procedures
- Always provide diligent care and supervision of students
- Course logistics and preparation
- Pay detailed attention to ensure all course logistics, resources and bookings are in place prior to commencing instruction on each course
- Ensure any assistant trainers are aware of the logistical needs and that preparations are in place for each course, and that they follow through as required
- Training course development
- Assist in the development of new course material and/or redevelopment of existing course material to suit customer requirements
- Create appropriate lesson plans and supporting documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- Working knowledge of best practice in Health, Safety and Environment systems
- Good understanding of NZ legislation applying to HSE in the workplace
- Extensive working knowledge of Hot Fire Management, and other emergency response activities
- Preferably 5 years operational experience in the fire and emergency field
- Working knowledge of maintenance management systems
- Preferably hold qualifications in fire fighting
- Hold as a minimum, US4098 (assessor qualification), preferably Adult Education Certificate
- Hold as a minimum a valid Comprehensive First Aid Certificate (CFA) or equivalent
- Current and valid NZ Driver License
Candidates must have full work rights in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Fire Training Instructor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.