Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction, Construction Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Consultant, Sustainable Transportation & Infrastructure for our growing Integrated Mobility (IMS) Sustainable Transportation & Infrastructure group in Canada. The IMS practice has established a new service line focused on Mobility Business and Policy. The service line specializes in Transit and Transportaiton Decarbonization, Transit Asset Management, Transit Operations Efficiency and Optimization, and Transit Oriented Communities. The successful candidate should be a self-motivated and resourceful individual looking to make a positive contribution in the outcomes for Climate Change impact reduction, and in creating more resilient, sustainable communities and infrastructure.
- Conduct market research and analysis on emerging technologies, and innovative business and customer solutions for for the Transportation sector
- Assist with technical writing of vehicle specifications, supply chain and business case for transit and transporation operations
- Coordinate with senior Wood PLC staff in delivering projects
- Prepare meeting minutes, agenda and other project coordination support
- Assist with proposal development and submission for IMS
Skills / Qualifications
- Three to five years of experience working in the transportation or infrastructure industry with an interest in the emerging resiliant and sustainable transportation sector
- Undergrad degree in Urban Studies, Business or Engineering
- Graduate degree in business, engineering or planning is an asset
- Understanding of Public Transit, Transportation and Infrastructure, and Energy Transistion
- Understanding of electric, diesel, natural gas and hydrogen drivetrains
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.