Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Water Filtration Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 5x2 based out of Lafayette, LA. **Candidates must live within 50 miles**
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Exhibit excellent safety leadership in the workplace, consistent with company and site Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental goals.
- Operate standard water treatment equipment on location and in the field in accordance with the customer's Standard Operating Procedures and actively follow the customer's and Wood's Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Service Quality (SQ) standards, practices and guidelines
- Able to work as a second hand and lead simple job applications in the field involving new and/or existing technologies
- Assist on the Preparation and Qualification of Water Treatment equipment before and after each job
- Prepares all required job reports, including equipment performance and utilization reports and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Actively participates in training and development of Assistant Technical Service Reps and other Assistant Personnel.
- Perform routine maintenance, safety and accuracy checks on assigned equipment
- Apply foundational mechanical skills in hydraulics, pneumatics, pressure, rotating equipment, water chemistry and aptitude to hands on experience
- Troubleshooting issues using foundational mechanical, fluids dynamics and chemical skills
- Follow a Fixed Step Training Program to obtain the necessary skill set to succeed
Skills / Qualifications
Basic Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 years of Energy/ Oil and Gas or relevant experience
- 2 years of Offshore experince is required
- Willingness to work in offshore / land, in harsh climates, without geographical restriction
- Must be able/willing to lift 60lbs
- Must be able/willing to climb stairs/ladders, bend over, squat, and kneel.
- Must be able/willing to travel with minimal notice 40% of the time
- Technical or Associate's Degree in a relevant field of study
- 5 year of Energy or relevant experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment,helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting,projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce.All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basisof objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race,colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.