Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for an Instrumentation and Controls Technician to join our team in Norfolk, VA. This position will report to the I&C Supervisor. The candidate will join a dynamic engineering group and carry out technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity, handle assignments which involve a variety of procedures and techniques and undertake technical assignments that are a significant part of an ongoing engineering program. The candidate can expect to work with customers, engineers, and electricians to solve problems to provide the customer with a complete functional system.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with solid experience seeking career growth with a major organization.
- Install and replace instruments in process systems, using hand tools and established procedures
- Tests accuracy of flowmeters, pressure transmitters, level transmitters, and other recording, indicating, or controlling equipment to locate defective components in system, using test equipment
- Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems
- Perform on site commissioning and startup by demonstrating system's capability once the equipment has been shipped to the customer's site
- Debug and commissions PLC programs on our shop floor during systems integration stage and then on the customers site during installation
- Provide accurate documentation for each project
- Provide the customer with training specific to their project
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical training or education in the instrumentation or mechatronics fields
- An understanding of related engineering principles and practices, plus training and diversified experience
- Capable of interpreting key documents including; engineering standards, piping material specifications, P&IDs and Line Lists
- Technically oriented, mechanically inclined, good at mathematics
- Valid US Drivers License
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.