Principal Engineer - Electronics, Communications and Electrical SystemsAre you passionate about developing innovative electrical solutions?Do you relish opportunities to create improvements for our customers?Join our Systems Engineering Team
We deliver Systems Engineering solutions to our customers, designing, assembling and delivering Electronic Assemblies and Communication Networks. Operating across multiple execution streams, we work together to ensure we are bring the most innovative technology to our customers.Collaborate with dynamic and cross-functional teams
You will guide and mentor the electrical and electronics engineers across the business. You will assume Design Authority from tender through execution ensuring that technical processes are followed and design documentation is produced in line with relevant technical standards. You will champion product structuring, standardization and re-use but have a keen interest in new technology.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Leading the topside and subsea engineering organizations, ensuring that the correct solutions are selected at system level.
- Shaping the product vision for the AC and DC solutions and technologies
- Building improvements into the Electrical Analysis, ensuring we have the right capability, tools and analysis cases to model our system effectively.
- Chairing design reviews and be responsible for the design of the power delivery network
- Providing support, mentoring, supervision and guidance to Engineering Teams
- Researching new technologies and working with the product management team to create and develop plans to invest in the technology.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Science based discipline or proven experience in a similar role.
- Be able to shape and successfully execute complex projects
- Have problem-solving, analytical, communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Have a passion for technology and be able to articulate new problems or needs into technical solutions
- Be able to show good problem-solving and analytical skills along with interpersonal and leadership skills.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Occasionally remote working from home or another work location
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we are committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we are always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.