Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tel Aviv
Wood is currently looking for applicants who have local right to work in Israel and are interested in potential opportunities for various Maintenance Technician roles covering Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, Control Systems and Telecom disciplines. The role will involve working on a new build offshore FPSO project located in the East Mediterranean.
The position will be based offshore working on an equal time (2 weeks on / 2 weeks off) rotation in the East Mediterranean.
We are supporting the development of a new offshore field to support bringing gas to the market. The development of the fields shall be undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas will be produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids will be tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure will include three development wells.
The project will support with the preparation, start up and subsequent operation and maintenance of the deepwater gas development.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical apprenticeship / educational qualification in the appropriate discipline
- BOSIET / MIST training (desirable)
- Emergency Response Team training (desirable)
- Previous e xperience working in petro-chemical, marine, utilities or equivalent heavy industrial sectors.
- Experience of performing maintenance routines, servicing plant and equipment, trouble shooting, fault finding and undertaking repairs.
- Experience of major project commissioning (desirable)
- Experience of major project operational readiness inclusive of maintenance build. (desi rable)
- Competent in communicating in English language (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Good interpersonal and ability to work in a multi-national team-working environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.