United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Senior Ports and Marine Project Manager to be based in Houston, Texas.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
o Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
o #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
o VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
o Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019About DCSA-Transportation
As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. AECOM's Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future - safely and reliably.
We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing and managing transportation systems - as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure - to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries and continents.
Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs various management, leadership, and people accountability responsibilities for a specific technical group or department.
- Has full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating technical assignments.
- Generally requires multi-disciplinary knowledge of engineering.
- Plans and develops engineering tasks concerned with unique or controversial problems. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Maintains liaison with units within the organization and individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Responsible for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field. Work at this level usually requires extensive progressive experience.
- Works under minimal supervision. Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Manages group of engineers and/or technicians, coordinating activities of the unit.
BS in Civil Engineering / Maritime Engineering + 8 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or educationPreferred Qualifications
- Professional Engineer Registration, Texas State preferred
- 15 years' experience in the ports or related infrastructure engineering sector
- Previous experience in leading projects to required quality, timeliness, and budget parameters.
- Previous experience in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Previous experience with consultancy contracts
- Previous experience in team management and team building.
- Previous and current experience serving Houston or Texas and Louisiana based projects.
- Port planning experience and experience in Oil and Gas sector an advantage.
- Previous experience with international companies and / or working in an international setting an advantage.
Sponsorship is not offered for this role.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - MaritimeBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.