Primary purpose of job
Experience & Skills
- Lead and provide specialist advice on the formulations of long and mid term up and downstream (including LNG and GTL etc.) strategies through careful analysis, monitoring and reporting of global business fundamentals, country/political scenarios, market trends, innovations, financial economics and regulatory developments.
- Responsible for leading and providing specialized advice on the business strategies, business objectives, business identification, screenings, evaluations and negotiations of new business opportunities, partnerships and M&A and divestments across the entire value chain of Oil & Gas.
- Lead the negotiations of Commercial Agreements including renewals, restructuring, M&A and divestments.
- Lead and provide advice to safeguard the interest of State of Qatar (SoQ) while representing in EPSA/DPSA, national and international ventures, committees and forums.
- Minimum 15 years work experience in Oil & Gas industry within reputed NOCs/IOCs of which 10 years directly in Business Development, Evaluations, M&A and Negotiations.
- Excellent negotiations skills & diplomacy, specialized knowledge of Upstream and Downstream complexities including risks, markets, commercials, financials, economics.
- Excellent and high degree of integrity, confidence and independence. Strong leadership, organizational, communications skills and multicultural team spirit.
- Excellent English language (written and verbal) is a must and Arabic is a plus.
Bachelor/Masters in Engineering, preferably in Petroleum or Chemical. MBA is a plus Petroplan Today - Our Vision & Mission
Our core aim now, and since 1976, has been, and is, to provide exceptional talent solutions to the energy industry. This means delivering the right solutions to our business partners
- through specialist knowledge and tenacity,
- By creating strong business partnerships with our clients, contractors, candidates and suppliers, so that we can really understand their needs and truly assist,
- Through our dedicated expertise, focused only on the Energy sector
- By staying at the centre of the worldwide community for all those, we do business with.
Bringing over 44 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial, over 55 countries, 550 clients and 65 disciplines, our experience, specialist industry and technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
Remaining niche to the Oil and Gas and, latterly, Renewables sectors, we can provide in-depth workforce solutions, via delivery from our global sector teams focused on Oil and Gas, Technology, Renewable Energy, Commercial and Executive/C-suite. To this end, we believe we can offer the full breadth of bespoke solutions and services based on all our clients' needs.