Skills: Logistics Management, Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
The Advisor partners with the line to develop and execute the framework to handle inbound logistics and supplier performance.
This role delivers value to customers by providing a service orientated interface and materials management strategies that support bp businesses and deliver an effective and efficient supply chain.
This role will work within an agile team delivering enhancements to improve inbound logistics.
- Support management of relationships for inbound logistics & stabilise performance globally
- Network management and optimisation down to individual distribution centre level in order to achieve the optimal balance service and risk level, operational costs and efficient investment.
- Deploy performance management framework to top transactional volume material vendors within each region
- Establish and maintain a material supply service culture that understands and appropriately handles risk in physical materials management
- Support a strategy that manages care, custody and control of materials in support of Operations.
- Identify scope and implement materials and services bundle contracts
- Improve commercial and contracting support for contracts
- Communicate strategic direction, provide business context, and enable team to meet targets
- Use lean principles to support continuous improvement by focusing on clear customer value and utilising value stream mapping where appropriate
- Ensure work is optimised through cross-functional, agile teams that deliver to the line
- Provide experienced advice to internal/external partners and ensure all activity and relevant reporting are aligned with the business strategy
- Deep working experience owning the performance of international logistics service providers
- Ability to lead multi-regional, multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Skilful application of deep experience in materials management
- Deep knowledge of ERP
- Inbound Logistics Level 3
- Procurement Level 3
- Empowers, trusts and develops team to work under agile principles
- Proven track record of handling ambiguity and a willingness to change
- An active and empathetic listener who seeks and uses feedback
- Curious and able to try new ways of working
- Uses technology as an enabler to unlock value and agile solutions to the business
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.