Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an exciting opportunity for Senior Commissioning Engineer to join our team in Brunei.
- Lead overall project safe pre - commissioning and commissioning works execution per work plans, specifications, and procedures. Interface with other discipline commissioning and project stakeholders during execution of the works
- Prepare project pre - commissioning and commissioning strategy.
- Lead preparation of pre - commissioning and commissioning execution plans and work packs ensuring all work processes and procedures conform to the project standards and meet required level of Quality Assurance.
- Prepare pre - commissioning and commissioning schedule and resource plan and interface for input to the overall project schedule.
- Lead preparation of pre - commissioning and commissioning test procedures as required, interfacing with construction and completions personnel. Prepare detailed test plans, procedures, work instructions, JSA's, etc. as necessary for commissioning activities.
- Prepare for and attend Factory Acceptance Tests as required
- Review Client and vendors commissioning assistance plans.
- Prepare performance test procedures and operating manuals in support of the Client Commissioning and Operations Team
- Identify pre - commissioning and commissioning tools, test equipment, temporary facilities, lubricants, consumables, third party services required for work execution and arrange the procurement thereof
- Coordinate sourcing of project pre - commissioning / commissioning manpower, materials, equipment and third - party services, if any, and ensure availability as per plan
- Prepare offshore personnel mobilization plan and coordinate personnel offshore POB and movement.
- Provide input to the establishment of system and sub - system boundaries and Completions database population in conjunction with the Completions team.
- Participate in constructability reviews to ensure efficient commissioning and handover.
- Ensure all commissioning data, documentation and handovers are in accordance with Completions process and project procedures.
- Play an active role in maintaining a strong safety culture in commissioning team.
- Assist in the preparation of BSP performance test procedures and operating manuals.
- Report accurate commissioning progress and status reports to the Commissioning Manager and project planner.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 years Oil and Gas or Petrochemical demonstrable experience in his base discipline, i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, or Instrument, Commissioning Engineer role, with a proven background of delivery
- 5 years Oil and Gas or Petrochemical demonstrable experience in Lead Commissioning Engineer and / or Coordinator role, with a proven background of delivery
- 7 years or 3 major projects experience in offshore Oil and Gas facilities
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in Commissioning disciplines other than his base discipline.
- Proven experience in offshore facilities shutdown and turnaround works.
- Experienced in Completions Management Systems and project implementation.
- Ability to demonstrate good understanding of risks associated with working in Hazardous Areas.
- Experienced in the supervision of personnel and team working.
- Good knowledge of O&G related SHEQ safe working practices and procedures
- Facilities start up experience with Operations and performance testing until Handover.
- Preferably worked and familiar with Shell specifications and process and have worked on Shell projects.
- Experienced in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical projects planning and work pack preparation and implementation, preferably on Shell projects.
- Experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical facilities fabrication, construction, and offshore hook up and commissioning up Facilities handover to Operations.
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills:
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to safety.
- Ability to lead and motivate team.
- Flexible - able to comply / adapt to company / client requirements.
- Ability working to and delivering to deadlines.
- Ability to interact with other personnel from other disciplines.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and provide effective trouble shooting.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Ability to work in a multi - cultural environment.
Competencies - Generic:
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of O&G SHEQ safe working practices and procedures and their implementation.
- Ability to work to deadlines in an accurate consistent and structured manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide guidance to another team members.
- Ability to follow / comply with procedures and recognized working practices.
- Ability to plan the work and coordinate the team in execution of the task.
- IT Literate in major software packages (Word / Excel)
Competencies - Technical:
- Conversant with the completions / commissioning process
- Ability to understand / project specifications, procedures, and drawings.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of installation, testing, pre - commissioning, commissioning and general O&M of plant equipment and components
- Ability to identify PTW requirements and complete associated method statements / risk assessments for the safe execution of work scope.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.