Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
This newly created position will have overall responsibility to bring new CO2 capture concepts and technologies for stationary and direct air programs to pilot demonstration and pre-commercial scales. It will lead one of the TRL 4/5 projects under this initiative, determining its economic potential and scaling it up to deployment.
• Master's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or another relevant engineering discipline, preferably a Ph.D. degree.
• At least 10 years of experience in a design or operational role in the oil and gas, OEM, or industrial gases industry, including: at least five years of direct experience with small to medium size Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) projects; and at least three years' experience with Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) development, and HAZOP studies.
• Conversant with various CO2 capture technologies, for example adsorption, absorption, as well as emerging concepts relevant to CO2 capture from air.
• Familiar with various design codes and standards for CO2 capture technologies.
• Strong project management and process documentation experience.
• Prior involvement with CO2 capture technology development, from concept to large scale implementation will be highly regarded, as will experience with front end engineering development (FEED).
• Experience with software such as Matlab, PRO/II, HYSYS/Aspen plus, and SolidWorks would be a distinct advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct pre-feasibility and full feasibility studies of CO2 capture processes.
• Develop process/simulation models for CO2 capture technologies, incorporating best-in-class and next-generation capture materials.
• Oversee the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) of future pilot and demonstration projects.
• Lead the scale up, piloting and demonstration efforts of CO2 capture materials and processes.
• Lead the detailed engineering design effort in conjunction with selected licensors for pilot demonstration scale.
• Provide hands-on assistance with the commissioning, operation, and maintenance of pilot demonstration and pre-commercial CO2 capture units.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure that CO2 capture technology can be integrated into various Company initiatives, as part of downstream and strategic R&D activities.
• Train junior Saudi engineers, while keeping abreast of engineering and scientific developments in CO2 capture technologies.
• Organize and lead teams for specific projects; manage discussions with internal and external collaborators.
• Author technical reports, papers, and generate patent applications as appropriate.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.