Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saudi Arabia
This newly created position will have overall responsibility in bringing CO2 utilization technologies to pilot demonstration and pre-commercial scales.
The CO2 Utilization Materials Science Specialist's focus will be to set up and conduct bench scale experiments related to CO2 conversion catalysts (hetero and homogenous for thermo-, electro- and photochemical approaches), piloting and demonstration efforts of CO2 utilization catalysts and processes.
• Ph.D. degree qualified in Mechanical, Chemical or a relevant engineering discipline.
• More than 10 years of relevant working experience, including:
o Experienced with thermo-, electro-, and/or photochemical conversion processes and materials of CO2.
o Experienced with CO2 reforming, CO2 hydrogenation, CO2 electrolysis, carboxylation, CO2 polymerization, and similar CO2 utilization catalysts and processes.
o Experienced with heterogenous and/or homogeneous catalysts for CO2 utilization.
o Experienced with thermo-, electro-, and/or photocatalytic approaches for CO2 Utilization.
• Conversant with various CO2 capture technologies, for example adsorption, absorption, as well as emerging concepts relevant to CO2 capture from air.
• Familiar with various design codes and standards for CO2 capture technologies.
• Strong project management and process documentation experience.
• Prior involvement with CO2 utilization technology development from concept to large scale implementation will be highly regarded, as will experience with front end engineering development (FEED).
• Experience with software such as Matlab, PRO/II, HYSYS/Aspen plus, and SolidWorks would be a distinct advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct pre-feasibility and full feasibility studies of CO2 utilization processes.
• Develop process/ simulation models for CO2 utilization technologies, incorporating best-in-class and next-generation catalysts.
• Oversee the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) of future pilot and demonstration projects.
• Lead the scale up, piloting and demonstration efforts of CO2 utilization catalysts and processes.
• Lead the detailed engineering design effort in conjunction with selected licensors for a pilot demonstration scale.
• Provide hands-on assistance with the commissioning, operation, and maintenance of pilot demonstration and pre-commercial CO2 utilization units.
• Liaise with peers in the company and various proponents to ensure that CO2 utilization technology can be integrated into various Saudi Aramco initiatives, as part of downstream and strategic R&D activities.
• Train and mentor junior Saudi engineers, while keeping abreast with the engineering and scientific developments of CO2 utilization technologies.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.