Skills: Research & Development, Chemical Engineering, Refinery Specialist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18967BR
This newly created position will have overall responsibility in advancing hydrocarbon-based technologies from pilot demonstration to pre-commercial scales for deployment in hydrogen mobility applications.
Reviews the technology needs from Aramco R&D, plants, and business, in terms of hydrogen supply value chain, and shapes the most effective corresponding sourcing strategy and deployment.
Provides superior technical insight to the R&D program, guidance to the R&D project leaders, and to the business departments in the area of technology development and deployment for hydrogen refueling stations. The incumbent is Aramco's ultimate technical authority on hydrogen supply chain for mobility applications, and connects with/brings in the world's best engineers when/as needed.
• Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably Ph.D. degree.
• Conversant with various reforming technologies, for example Catalytic Partial Oxidation, Autothermal Reforming, and Steam Reforming, as well as emerging concepts relevant to gas synthesis and hydrogen production, and CO2 capture.
• Familiar with various design codes and standards for high pressure and high temperature reactor and separator vessels.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in hydrogen station development and technology deployment in support of hydrogen mobility applications, including at least seven years of professional experience in a design or operational role in the hydrogen supply chain domains.
• Demonstrated scientific/technical authority and broad technical credibility:
- Member of editorial/consultative committees of leading journals/associations related to hydrogen storage, compression, and distributed hydrogen production relevant technologies.
• Proven track record initiating, guiding, and conducting advanced technical projects and developments with an ability to connect technology, R&D, and operational excellence.
• Vision, the energy, and the entrepreneurship spirit to develop new technologies and products.
• Ability to anticipate, appreciate, catalyze, and make the most of changes and new developments.
• Prior involvement with hydrocarbon-based technology development from concept to large scale implementation will be highly regarded, as will experience with front end engineering development (FEED).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support in piloting and demonstration of new technologies.
• Lead and assist in technology scale-up and commercialization.
• Provide hands-on assistance with the commissioning, operation, and maintenance of pilot demonstration and pre-commercial units.
• Liaise with production and facility planning personnel to ensure technology implementation within Saudi Aramco and affiliate facilities.
• Train junior engineers, while keeping abreast with the engineering and scientific developments of oil-based fuel reforming technologies.
• Support the research team in piloting and demonstrating in-house developed technologies.
• Act as the Company's spokesperson on technical matters related to his/her expertise in hydrogen.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.