Experience: 10 + Years
Location: Saudi Arabia
This newly created position will have overall responsibility in advancing CO2 Capture (for Stationary and Direct Air) technology research. The C02 Capture Materials Specialist will have primary responsibility of scaling Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 3/4 Metal Organic Framework (MOF) and Covalent Organic Framework (COF) material to industrial scale.
• Ph.D. degree in Chemistry (organic, reticular, organometallic)
• Conversant with various CO2 capture technologies, for example adsorption, absorption, as well as emerging concepts relevant to CO2 capture from air.
• At least 10 years of experience researching new materials and processes related to CO2 capture in leading organizations, with at least five years of direct experience dealing with CO2 capture material synthesis.
• Strong knowledge of analytical chemistry and other analytical tools used for catalyst characterization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and lead research projects geared towards synthesis of new materials and concepts for CO2 Capture.
• Set-up and conduct experiments related to the synthesis of CO2 capture and CO2 conversion materials inclusive of Metal Organic Frameworks (MOF) and Covalent Organic Frameworks (COF) families.
• Set-up and conduct bench scale experiments related to CO2 capture sorbents, solvents and material characterization.
• Work with chemical, process and mechanical engineers to ensure the development of representative process models and optimal designs for CO2 capture.
• Liaise with peers in the company and with collaborators to develop materials and designs related to CO2 capture.
• Train junior engineers while keeping abreast with the engineering and scientific developments of CO2 Direct Air Capture material and technologies.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.