Skills: Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting Mechanical Foreman - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the mechanical work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches.
- Solve simple technical problems associated with his own discipline, plan and control work and materials.
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
Skills / Qualifications
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade.
- Recognized apprenticeship.
- Verifiable Evidence - CV
- BOSIET / Approved offshore medical.
- Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
- Manual Handling
- WOOD mandatory training (Induction, RA, etc.)
- Travel Safely by Boat
- Demonstrable experience posts mechanical apprenticeship / training coupled with current relative experience.
- Demonstrable offshore experience in a chargehand / supervisory role
- General slinging and lifting experience.
- Hand Torque Bolted Connections
- Assemble and Hand Torque Clamp Connectors
- Dismantle, Assemble and Tensioning Bolted Connections
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and provide direction to ensure subordinate staff comply with operating manual and relevant procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to working safely at all times.
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements.
- Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi - cultural environment.
- Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised and work on own initiative.
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role and also develop others as part of nationalization program.
Competencies - generic
- Ability to supervise work activities.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak English and Malay.
- Comply with operational and safety manuals and procedures.
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times.
Competencies - technical
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Mechanical Foreman as defined in associated job specification.
- Can demonstrate the ability to read / understand and implement procedures / specifications / drawings / sketches / etc.
- Can demonstrate the ability to deliver all mechanical work scopes to the required / specified project / industry standards.
- Ability to recognize change.
- Competencies - project / department specific
- To be completed by project prior to requisitioning
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.