Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an exciting opportunity for HSSE Advisor Operations (Onshore) to join our team in Brunei.
- Support the Safety Shield approach of Wood
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the Wood HSSE Performance Standards. Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
- Provide assistance and advice to the Project Manager/Location Manager with responsibility for HSSE.
- Contribute towards developing annual HSSE objectives for [contract/[project/location]. Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
- Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs and monitor delivery and recording
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSSE objectives
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required
- Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents. Where appropriate be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported and appropriately shared
- Review accident and incident reports. Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
- Planning, coordination and delivery of internal audits for [contract/[project/location]. Close out of assurance actions in a timely manner ensuring that findings are reported and shared appropriately and opportunities for improvement sought.
- Part of Emergency Response organization for Project
- Maintain compliance with HSSE legislative requirements, provide updates as required
- Writing of technical documents such as procedures, management documents, investigation reports and audits.
- Cross site visits to provide support, coaching, collaboration and best practice
- Participate in HSSE Function Away Days
- Provide support to Function and/or other projects as necessary
- Provide cover for other HSSE personnel
- Deliver HSSE induction and internal HSSE trainings
Skills / Qualifications
- Suitable and relevant experience in a HSSE Advisory role within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry, preference toward international offshore HUC HSSE experience. Demonstrated experience and knowledge of Bruneian WHS Legislation and BSP offshore service delivery
- International tertiary qualification
- NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent
- Lead Auditor qualified
- Incident Investigation qualified (Taproot, ICam, Beta)
- Craft experience or certification (e.g Scaffolding, CSE, W@H, Rigging/Slinging, P2W)
- BOISET - desirable
- MIST - desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.