Sr Data EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a team that ensures the highest quality?Do you enjoy hands-on technical work?
Join our D&A Platform - Digital Technology team
The D&A Platform Team supports all analytics operational needs ranging from databases to reporting in order to deliver business metrics, drive technical excellence, provide superior client support. In addition, we work directly with our business pillars, serving as a key point of contact as it relates to platform technology and product solution engagement
Partner with the best
The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges and makes Oil & Gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging D&A. We work with the D&A product teams to create state-of-the-art solutions, working across BH to lead business analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
As a Sr Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding BH Data needs, as well as communicating Platform capabilities both current and future. Technical experience working with Data Lake / Data Warehouse ecosystems.
- A good understanding of AWS Cloud Native tools including Data Pipeline, AWS Glue & Glue catalog, AWS Step Functions, AWS Batch, Amazon EMR, AWS Data Pipeline, AWS Lambda, Redshift, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloudwatch and EC2 is highly preferred.
- Understanding and translating project requirements into technical requirements and solutions for the data engineering team to architect, design and execute.
- Building Standardized Ingestion framework
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a graduate in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related field. Have 5+ years of hands-on technical experience in big data technologies.
- Have hands-on proficiency in one or more scripting languages (e. g., Java, Python, Scala, R, Shell scripting)
- Have experience in Data Lake/Data Warehouse & ETL Technologies. Experience working with databases and hands-on proficiency in SQL.
- Have experience with data flow tools such as Sqoop, Flume and Nifi Experience with tools (Spark and Spark streaming). Experience consuming REST and WSDL services
- Have experience in Security configuration. This includes LDAP configuration Security Policy creation & Integration.
- Be proficient in infrastructure set up on various cloud environments such as AWS.
- Be familiar with data modeling, or MPP-style data warehouse technologies such as Hive, PostgreSQL .
- Have experience managing / Administration of TALEND Ingestion framework. Exposure to Tableau, Qlik, Sisense and other visualization technologies
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.