Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Provide administrative support for Product Line family of products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford. Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Provide administrative assistance on customer accounts, contracts, licenses, and opportunities using Tour de Force (TDF).
- Track software maintenances and update information in TDF.
- Work with Support on all Licensing Request - Approvals/Research.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting all royalty payments for third party modules.
- Work with Team Leads on Tracking Billable Projects/Pull Hours/Approvals/Expenses/Invoicing.
- Create and Maintain Logins/Server expirations for various hosting solutions.
- General office administrative duties as required for the business.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 3 - 4 Years experience in a similar administrative function.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people to accomplish company goals.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.