Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hermiston, Oregon, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for Hermiston - OR office.
Responsible for directly supervising and coordinating activities of civil construction projects which may include, but are not limited to site development and large foundation construction. May include roads, bridges, containment walls, cooling tower foundations, etc. Responsible for assuring work is done in a professional manner, meeting client specifications within budget and on time, and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Examine and inspect work progress, equipment, and construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies.
- Read specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures.
- Assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation associated with project in a timely manner.
- Participating in the development of the Project Execution Plan, Estimate Development Plan, and Basis of Estimate, including material and worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Creating indirect costs for estimates
- Creating indirect costs for estimates
- Anticipates overlaps and gaps in costing and is proactive in pursuing resolution
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
- A minimum of 5 years EPC Heavy Civils projects successfully completed as a Project Manager
- Minimum 6 years of experience with at least 5 years of project management experience in the heavy civils industry
- Ability to manage multiple project phases, from initial proposal, project definition and cost estimate to final EPC project delivery is desired
- Strong client interface skills and the ability to work well in an EPC environment are essential
- Must have a good working knowledge of project controls including scheduling, budgeting, progress monitoring and forecasting
- Ability to set up and manage project control systems
- Proficiently with P6 and MS Office required
- Knowledge of PM tools such as Excel and Access required
- Ability to travel to job sites as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Serve as a leader to build and develop a strong team to support and sustain profitable growth and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth for our team.
- Experience with HCSS and Viewpoint software is desired but not required.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.