Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Other Skills: Statistical Quality Control & Problem Solving Methodology
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia
Responsible for ensuring consistent Quality Control and compliance of products in accordance with current manufacturing and quality assurance procedures; engineering drawings and customer requirements. Maintains and enhances the global quality management system while ensuring the products and services meet all the necessary requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, maintain improve and represent the company's ISO 9001:2015 and API Q1 programs.
- Oversee and maintain the global corrective/preventative actions program, management reviews and internal audits.
- Develop and/or implement continuous improvement processes and techniques
- Inspect components and products (new, recertified, refurbished) both in house and at vendors/customer sites.
- Ability to perform inspections to Canrig ITP's, Drawings, and applicable codes and standards
- Complete breakdown documentation of inspections for customer units in conjunction with operations
- Create Build Book, Data Book, and Re-Certification Books
- Initiating and resolving non-conformance reports as required
- Review and approve vendor QC documentation and create traceability report
- Review Quality control record and issue certificate of compliance/Conformance
- Work with various Canrig departments, vendors and customers to carry out detail root cause investigation and corrective action implementation
- Liasion between engineering and operations
- Perform other duties assigned by the Project Manager and/or Quality Director
- 3+ years' experience as a QA/QC Supervisor
- Experience with ISO 9001 and API specifications especially API Spec Q1/Q2
- Experience as a lead Quality internal and/or external auditor
- Previous QC dimensional inspection and documentation review experience in a production/manufacturing and machining/fabrication environment is required
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Certified Machinist, Millwright, Journeyman welder or in a related discipline preferred
- Welding visual inspection certification (AWS or equivalent) is desirable
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail with document controls.
- Ability to understand written work related documents, including Engineered drawings, Bill of Materials, Industry Code/Standards, GD&T
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, handling multiple projects of competing priority and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001, API Spec Q1, API Spec 8C, ASTM, ASME, AWS D1.1
- Strong computer skills preferred, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to identify process improvement
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs