Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Engineer, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Director with extensive experience in refinery and revamp projects.
The successful candidate will lead Wood Site team for a PMC Project that consists in a major refinery upgrade involving new green field units and brown field revamp.
The Construction Director will represent Wood on-Site to ensure taht EPC contractor's activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Client requirements.
- Act as an ambassador in all HSSE aspects
- Be responsible that the Construction is completed in time, within the established budget and safety and ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled in time and to the complete satisfaction of the Owner
- Mentor and guide site team and construction personnel to en sure project objectives int respect of HSSE, Quality, Cost and Schedule are achieved.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination exists between engineering centres, construction site and home office
- Be the primary contact with Wood Project Manger for all Site Projects matters
- In connection with the Field Project Control Coordinator, review and approve the construction program and ensure that detail construction schedules are prepared for all areas and erection activities
- In connection with Resident Project Manager, Field Project Control Coordinator, review EPC contractor progress report and construction overall progress report, budget and field construction activities in order to reach final goal as economically as possible
- In absence of Resident Project Manager in field discuss with Client all Project changes required and, where necessary, provide all information to Project Manager in order to define estimating cost, contract extras and constructions delay. In any case, will be informed of any matter concerned the Project.
- In absence of Resident Project Manager in field is entitled to issue correspondence to the Owner CM under his signature for subject related to Project matters raised in field.
- Receive and distribute to the field Engineering Coordinator, under his/her control, information from the Owner PM
- Expedite from the field Engineering Coordinator and from the other people assigned under his control all the information requested for a proper handling of Construction activities
- Supervise invoice checking, accounting, etc. which should be followed for all activities involved
- Review project data and coordinate with the Home Office Construction Department and with Project Control to develop detailed construction plans and schedules
- Administer industrial relations and safety policies to maintain proper discipline and morale
- Conduct weekly planning meetings to coordinate the work of Site team and ensure availability of documents, materials, manpower, etc.
- Ensure with EPC contractor representatives that EPC contractor activities are in accordance with the Master Project Schedule
- Review Costs and Progress report formulated by the Field Project Control Coordinator and ensure that the weekly progress letter is forwarded to the Owner C.M. and Project Manager
- Immediately advise the Owner C.M. and Project Manager of any factors adversely affecting the project
- Coordinate as necessary with the Field Engineer Coordinator and his/her staff on all engineering matters
- Coordinate with Owner Construction Manager on matters pertaining to Construction progress, etc
- Coordinate completion of construction and testing with start-up group when applicable
- Issue of all documents to Owner C.M. which needs approval to be able to start work
- Responsible for getting approval of Owner/PM before start modification of scope of work
- Responsible to request field change before any change of scope can be started
Skills / Qualifications
- Discipline Engineering degree background
- Experience in the Oil&Gas industry, with at least 10 years of professional experience in similar position.
- Experience in revamp/brown field environment is considered a plus.
- Extensive experience in PMC /IPMT
- Previous experience with Wood is a preference
- Fluent in English
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful, and proactive
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a "can-do" attitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.