Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Wood is currently recruiting for an Area Construction Manager as part of Wood PMC team for a major refinery upgrade project (green field new units and brown field revamp).
The Area Construction Manager will report to the Construction Director and will represent Wood on-site to ensure the EPC Contractor's activities comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and Owner requirements.
- Promote HSSE culture in the workplace
- Monitor and ensure compliance of HSSE Plan and local statutory and legal requirements pertaining to HSSE
- Be fully familiar with Project contract requirements, policies and procedures and ensure that the requirements relating to the site operations are implemented
- Supervise EPC Contractor site activities and monitor its performances
- Ensure that EPC Contractor's duties are performed by competent and experienced personnel and in sufficient number, and promptly advise in negative case
- Maintain contacts with EPC Contractor and participate to construction meetings.
- Participate with Construction Director to construction meetings with Owner representatives
- Coordinates the activities of discipline Supervisors resolving interferences and priority disputes
- Supervise that Site personnel respects the applicable HSE procedures, with particular regard to their health and safety care, enforcing the Emergency Procedures as necessary
- Communicate project safety requirements and coaching field supervisors to build safety awareness and safety performance
- Cooperate closely with the HSSE Site Manager to ensure the proper assistance and surveillance on safety matters from the Field Supervision Team
- Inspect work areas to identify hazards and abatement measures
- Determine safety training needs enabling Construction Director and HSE Manager to organize proper training sessions and courses
- Supervise EPC contractor compliance with work permits, method statement and Job Safety Analysis requirements
- Organize and lead weekly briefing meeting with PMC supervision team
- Cover the Construction Director desk in case of his/her absence
- Monitor in collaboration with Field Project Control Coordinator the progress of EPC Contractor
Skills / Qualifications
- Discipline Engineering degree background
- Extensive experience in the Oil&Gas industry, with at least 15 years of professional experience and minimum 8 years in similar position
- Strong experience in Refinery, either in green field or in brown field environment
- Experience in PMC projects
- Previous experience with Wood is a preference
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills, capability to work cooperatively in a multicultural/international team
- Ability to communicate in an articulate manner with clients, consultants and EPC contractor
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful, and proactive
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a "can-do" attitude
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.