Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible to provide overall management support to several accounting teams: Support daily activities of accounting team and provide direction to employees according to policies and procedures (USGAAP) even statutory financial statements (IFRS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Supervise staff that may consist of a mix of professional, para-professional, and clerical accounting personnel.
- Monitor and reconcile G/L Accounts.
- Prepare accounts and reports for management.
- Process accounts payable.
- May prepare payroll for processing.
- Develop, install, and maintain budgeting systems, which provide control of expenditures.
- Advise management regarding matters, such as effective use of resources and methods for preventing capital being frozen. Work closely with others.
- Prepare journal entries for closing and other.
- Code and approve invoices.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Ensures that all financial transactions are recorded in compliance with WFT policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to corporate ethical policies and internal controls. Ensure that all transactions are properly booked in the correct currency.
- Responsible for ensuring all GL and account payables transactions are properly supported and approved based on the financial procedures and requirements.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliation. Responsible for support all tax requirements. Responsible Statutory Financial Statements preparation.
- Assist and supervise periodic audits internally and assist in external audits, until to obtain statutory financial statements with accuracy and fulfilling the law, procedures and policies both for companies currently active and for dormant.
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and fulfillment of Tax matters, audits and deliverables even from other local entities.
- Answer inquiries regarding financial assets, recommend policies, and advice and council line management.
- Will sign as Public Accountant.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience in a global environment
- Minimum of three years Cost Accounting experience.
- Minimum of eight years experience in a financial role.
- IFRS experience. Intermediate English.
- JD Edwards and Hyperion knowledge are desirable.
- Supervisory skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Work closely with fellow employees.
- Knowledge of Weatherford accounting procedures is beneficial.
- Advanced computer skills is preferred.
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.