Skills: Civil Engineering, Cartography / Mapping, Waste Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our team in either our Birmingham, AL offices to support our Hydraulics and Hydrology group. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in civil / environmental engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited program and will be self-motivated with a strong interest in a water resources focused career. Preferred qualifications include a Master of Science degree and an Engineer-in-Training certification.
- Construct simple and complex hydraulic and hydrologic models in programs such as HEC-RAS, HEC- HMS, ICPR, and PCSWMM
- Work in a geographic information systems environment, such as ArcGIS, to develop parameters, create maps and build models
- Conduct flood studies in support of FEMA's RiskMAP program
- Assist in the preparation of floodplain and watershed studies and watershed/stormwater master planning
- Perform floodplain and stormwater analyses and design tasks on simple to complex floodplain and stormwater projects
- Assist in analysis and design of bridges and culverts
- Prepare technical reports
- Coordinate with other offices to execute project deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
- 0-4 years of experience
- BS degree in civil / environmental engineering or equivalent, preferably a MS degree (from an accredited program)
- Engineer-in-Training certification preferred.
- Experience with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, PCSWMM, ICPR, and ArcGIS is highly desired
- Knowledge of statistical analyses
- Stormwater and sanitary sewer modeling knowledge and experience beneficial
- Knowledge of python or C# beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in a team environment, as well as independently, under general supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.