Skills: Project Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood Process & Energy are seeking an experience Project Engineer to join the team in Darlington in a staff role. You will be involved in multiple projects, therefore a diverse background is encouraged.
- Create delivery excellence across assigned project, provide certainty and confidence to thecustomer/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost and risk.
- Responsible for the implementation and completion of a defined small project or sub set of a larger project; managing scope, cost, schedule and risk, managing change and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is in place.
- Supports the project team by overseeing and monitoring project progress according to agreed measures and organizational procedures, recommending corrective action where necessary. Responsible for ensuring that scope is defined and understood, schedule is adhered to, cost/budget targets are met and for managing safety and risk. Requires knowledge and experience of the technical/functional area being managed and an awareness of the business issues.
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and/or consolidated plan to determine timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Defines/designs activities, starting from existing solutions.
- Provides the interface and maintains a confident relationship with other contributors to the project.
- Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
- Negotiates minor changes to project scope or specification with the project sponsor/customer.
- Interacts with the project sponsor/customer at a tactical level.
- Regularly reviews and reports project progress to senior management and/or the
- May manage relationships with external suppliers at a tactical level.
- Solves problems requiring investigation and interpretation
- Conducts kick off meetings and work initiation processes
- Attends customer meetings and assists with determination of project requirements
- Assists in the drafting and issuance of project proposals, tenders, budgets, cash flow, plans, procedures and preliminary schedules
- Prepares project organization charts
- Chairs progress/site/closeout meetings as appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Tracks the progress and quality of work being performed by project team members, assuring outputs meet quality standards and capturing lessons learned
- Uses project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Effectively and accurately communicates relevant project information to the customer and project team
- Assists in the review of Contractor quotations
- Keeps the Project Sponsor/Customer and other stakeholders informed about project status and issues that may impact customer relations, flagging early signs of schedule or budget slippage in order to agree corrective actions.
- Anticipates and and takes pre-emptive action to address potential conflict situations that may impact on project delivery
Skills / Qualifications
- HND / HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
Minimum Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the management of multi disciplined teams
- Strong background within Oil & Gas
- Practiced in project control mechanisms and with commercial and technical risk assessments
- Excellent communications skills
- Practitioner in risk management processes
- Strong effective delegation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.