Austin, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Lone Star, a rate-regulated transmission service provider in Texas, owns and operates approximately 330 miles of high-voltage transmission lines and associated equipment.
Position Specific Description
As a Director of Water Operations with our team, you will be responsible for serving as a key industry SME to our leadership team based in Austin, TX. This role will evaluate pivotal M&A and related growth strategies for our water utility sector including establishing the infrastructure for a start-up business. The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in the water industry with a foundational understanding of water treatment
- MBA or Masters in Biology, Chemistry, or related technical field
Apply now and help us define the next generation of clean energy!
This position leads a team responsible for the daily management of water utility operations including capital projects and investments and compliance with all applicable water utility requirements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates water and wastewater projects and activities with other counterparts internally and externally, to ensure efficient water utility operations management
- Formulates long-range plans and cost estimates pertaining to future expansion of water and wastewater infrastructure and facilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the water assets
- Creates and implements policies to ensure the continued safe use of the water facilities utilities
- Oversees installation, operations and maintenance of water and wastewater assets
- Creates and implements policies for the safe use of the water facilities utilities
- Prepares and presents reports associated with operations of the water utility including collecting and presenting data for compliance with regulatory agencies including TCEQ and PUCT regarding the safe operation of the water utility
- Follows federal and state guidelines
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 10+ years
- Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Lone Star Transmission, LLC
Location: Austin, Texas
Other Work Locations: Texas
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: High Voltage, Energy