NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific DescriptionPreferred Requirements:
ANSI N18.1-1971 Section 4.4.4 Radiation Protection has these requirements:
- 5 years experience in radiation protection at a nuclear facility
- Minimum 2 of this 5 year should be related technical training
- Maximum of 4 of this 5 years experience may be fulfilled by related technical or academic training
- Certified Health Physicist
Provide technical analysis, support, and program ownership for the Radiation Protection department in Health Physics and Radiation Protection technology in the dosimetry program (all aspects), emergency planning scenario development, dose assessments and assignments, radiochemistry, procedure reviews, development and sponsor, radiological engineering and safety evaluations, shipping, radiological effluents, ensuring NRC regulations and industry standards are maintained and provide leadership and direction for the radiation protection program working in various areas of responsibilities. Work on projects requiring Health Physics expertise in the areas of dosimetry, instrumentation, radiological standards, calibrations, surveys, emergency planning, technical calculations/reviews, shipping and Radiation Work Permits.
This position is represented by IBEW Local 2150. Required Qualification
- Five (5) years of commercial nuclear plant experience.
- Seven (7) years of Health Physics related experience.
- Should have strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated knowledge of nuclear power plant operations and maintenance.
- Qualification requirements are a BS in Health Physics, BS with ABHP Certification, or BS in Science or Engineering with applicable industry experience.
- The ability to effectively communicate with station and contractor personnel is required.
- Proven computer skills and the ability to manage changing priorities and tasks and the ability to remain flexible to plant conditions.
- Should be able to multi-task, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Applicants for this position must be able to work alternate shifts to support plant evolutions as needed.
- Candidates must satisfy all Company and Nuclear Regulatory Commission security requirements.
- Travel to support company objectives and act as a member of the Emergency Response Organization will be part of the requirements of this position.
- Certified Health Physicist (CHP) preferred.
- Background knowledge in computer technology, Passport, Sentinel (Total Exposure) and P3E are desired.
NextEra Point Beach
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
Other Work Locations:
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Nuclear, Power Plant Operator, Power Plant, Energy