Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Java developer to be part of the Digital and Technology team. As part of a global agile development team, the Lead Software Developer leads development teams using agile methods and contributes to development of existing and new applications to meet customer and business requirements.
- The Lead Software Developer acts as a highly specialized expert developing software applications, in entirety or in part, that have a significant impact.
- Supervises and directs a team of developers and other resources to enhance, develop, deploy and support existing and new applications, and associated interfaces, within limited timeframes.
- Liaise with the business, Wood IT, outsource partners and third-party providers to design and deliver technical solutions to business and client requirements.
- The role is expected to provide technical, cross-discipline co-ordination for work packages or minor projects.
- The Lead Developer defines acceptance criteria and generate the required technical and support documentation to accompany code/application releases.
- Leads software development teams using Agile, Continuous Integration and Delivery practices utilising and driving the adoption of automation to boost release velocity and reduce time to market
- Supervises and directs people and other resources to achieve specific business outcomes within limited timeframes while removing obstacles and shielding the team from interruptions during sprints and delivers the full scope of the sprints on time
- Works with project managers, product owners and QA engineers to manage sprint backlogs, clarifies and priorities user stories, analyses and manages the impact of changes to the rest of the application by providing technical approach and execution planning
- Elicits complex business requirements using a variety of methods and express the requirements in terms of target user roles and goals
- Defines and maintains a road map to facilitate software development and ensures the development work is accurately estimated and prioritised in line with business requirements
- Creates solution architectures, system analyses, designs and has hands-on involvement with developing new functionality and enhances existing products/solutions
- Governs and contributes to core principles, practices, architectural and security standards
- Leads by example by writing well designed, high-quality, well-tested and clean code following SOLID principles
- Resolves complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- As a subject matter expert on the team, maintains an understanding of current technology, product and domain knowledge, database management, programming practices, and future trends through ongoing self-learning
- Designs and monitors quality of source code, configurations, tooling, automated tests and monitors, diagnoses, and corrects performance and security issues
- Conducts code reviews and advocates for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
Skills / Qualifications
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven working experience of leading software development teams using Agile, Continuous Integration and Delivery practices
- Proven ability to provide leadership, mentoring and leading others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- Commercial working experience of design and development of full-stack medium/large web applications with hands-on experience with front-end, middle-tier and ORM frameworks
- Expert in design patterns and Object-Oriented programming
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Expert in writing unit and integration tests using a mocking framework
- Proven track record of leading full life-cycle development, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, implementation, deployment, testing and maintenance
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery platforms and tools
- Compassionate, accountable, self-driven leader, capable of leading effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Disciplined, organised, self-motivated and focused on the delivery of results
- Positive attitude with excellent verbal & written communication and collaboration skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Active learner with a strong passion for software development and technical excellence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.