Skills: Electrical Engineering, Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Wellesley, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently looking for an experienced E&I Construction Supervisor with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role living locally in Western Australia with Mining / Minerals Processing experience. You will aspire to be part of a team, delivering powerful results! We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to construct a world class processing facility.
The greenfield project is going into production in 2021 and will produce Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate from a 2 train processing plant. There is a possibility of further expansion plans into 2025 that will see a total production of 100,000 Tpa. The plant is being constructed approximately 160 km south of Perth, Western Australia and 17 km north-east of the thriving regional centre of Bunbury.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Supervision of electrical contractors on site ensuring that they adhere to project standards and specifications
- Verifying the contractors' workforce to ensure that they are qualified to carry out the works
- Providing direction and facilitation to contractors
- Planning and coordinating the contractors' works
- Ensuring that the contractors and project construction plans are adhered to
- Working with other supervisors to establish the working priorities
- Assisting contractors in order to get sufficient equipment and personnel on-site to ensure the works are progressed as per the project schedule
- Ensuring the works are carried out in accordance with the project quality standards and procedures
- Focusing on safety and ensuring that all the contractors' workforce adheres to the project HSE standards
- Reviewing and identifying any work methods that will result in improved efficiency and productivity in the workplace
- Ensuring that contractors reports, records, timesheets, and invoices are promptly delivered as per the contract
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years overall experience on construction sites including 5 years as a supervisor
- Licenced Electrical Worker
- Hold or willingness to obtain a Construction Induction Card
- Hazardous area competencies (Highly Favourable)
- HV Switching competencies (Highly Favourable)
- Ability to schedule and multi-task
- Be a good problem solver
- Generally knowledgeable in construction
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Knowledge of safety and industrial relations and commitment to compliance
- High literacy and interpersonal skills for clear communication
- Ability to articulate and exemplify the purpose and ethos of the organisation
- Thorough knowledge of and hands-on experience with computers and associated software packages
- Thorough knowledge of and hands-on experience with, the development and monitoring of schedules
Candidates must have unrestricted full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced E&I Construction Supervisor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.