Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a technically focused and motivated Lead Electrical Engineer to take up an opportunity within our core Engineering team. This role is to lead the Electrical detail design for the Rio Tinto Oyu Tolgoi project providing a cost effective solution for the expansion. The role will ensure that all project deliverables are completed to the required level of accuracy in accordance with Company procedures and meet the clients project objectives.
Reporting to the EI&C Manager this role is required to provide electrical engineering expertise to the client to ensure a successful implementation. The Lead will ensure that all deliverables are completed to meet schedule, to the required level of accuracy in accordance with Company procedures and the defined scope as per the contract.
Key responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical system design responsibility
- Ownership of Electrical Schedule and planning
- Responsible for production and /or review of deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations
- Assurance of tender & supply for all Electrical Equipment
- Review and where required approval of work by others
- Working closely with the design team to achieve successful model review outcomes
- Liaise with other disciplines, Clients and Vendor representatives
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 16 yrs engineering and design experience
- System modelling in ETAP
- Knowledge in the following areas
- HV/LV Switchgear MCC
- HV Distribution
- Packaged equipment
- Lighting design
- Familiar with IEC Standards
- Rio Tinto Oyu Tolgoi experience is a plus
- Cognizant of brownfield tie-ins for new plants
- Effective communication skills
- A positive and pro-active attitude
- A commitment to zero harm
Candidates must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer and ready for your next challenge then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.