Skills: Rig Mechanic, Toolpusher, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: hydraulic, mechanical
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Basic salary + day rate field bonus + superannuation
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Australia
Field Operator (trainee*5 & senior*5) have responsibility for operating equipment and/or machinery. Duties may involve some technical elements but primarily focused on running equipment/machinery /systems. Role is hands-on and directly manipulates the equipment, machinery or system; requiring precise instrumentation/operation. Acts at field operations as an effective member of a field crew, supporting the delivery under supervision of a Field Engineer or Field Specialist.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations and applicable Weatherford Policies
- Perform duties according to the documented Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Identify assets required for performing the job and participate in loadouts
- Rig up and down Casing and Tubing Running Equipment
- Function test TRS equipment prior to start-up
- Operate TRS equipment at off shore and on shore locations
- Perform general maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components
- Assist with TRS equipment installations
- Carry out general housekeeping and maintenance duties as directed
- Field Operator I/ Trainee x5 roles: Fresh grads are welcome.
- Field Operator II x 5 roles: Minimum 2+ years mechanical work experience or relevant engineering studies
- Great mechanical aptitude and understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Adapt positively to changing priorities and work environments.
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to help others.
- Be a fast learner, results orientated and independent with strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate and able to navigate online operating systems and e-learning software.
- Work flexible schedules, including night shift and long or irregular hours.
- Must be contactable at all times and the ability to mobilise with 24 hours.
- Be in good physical health.
- Offshore survival ticket or ability to obtain certification.
- Valid drivers licence.
- Ex-Defence personnel encouraged to apply.