Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Make an impression in a global engineering & environmental consulting firm ranked #7 in the Top 500 Design Firms & #10 in the Top 50 International Market.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a global network of engineers, scientists and project managers, we apply ingenuity, innovative technologies and customer focus to deliver solutions for complex environmental and infrastructure challenges. We are a diverse business, with around 7,600 people in about 175 offices spanning six continents. From engineering resilient facilities to restoring contaminated sites, we provide support across the life cycle of our customers' assets in the government, industrial and manufacturing, mining, power, infrastructure, and oil and gas sectors.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for transportation construction projects throughout California. This individual will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the country, and have key responsibilities for project delivery and quality. You will be part of a diverse and dynamic team of engineers, inspectors and scientists focused on supporting one of our key service and growth areas.
Key Responsibilities :
- Serves as Project Lead with our DOT clients, contractors, and vendors to provide materials engineering support and to manage the quality (assurance), project scope, budgets and schedules
- Knowledge of analog & digital electronic circuits
- Understanding of electrical schematics
- Responsible for design & troubleshoot electrical/electronic circuits
- Ability to construct cables for AC/DC power distribution and digital communication
- Ability to design and construct custom electronic test apparatus and fixtures
- Proficiency in soldering electronic components
- Ability to diagnose and repair specialized electrical/electronic test equipment
Testing of electrical material:
- Experience in performing tests on electrical material including: microprocessor circuits, modems, AC/DC power supplies
- Documenting and reporting test results
Skills / Qualifications
- The candidate must have a BSEE from an ABET accredited college
- Proficiency with computer operating systems, the use of databases and programming
- Experience with Windows, Linux, OS-9, Excel, Filemaker
- Experience in developing programs using Visual BASIC/Suite
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work independently in a semi-industrial laboratory environment subject to variations in ambient temperature and noise
- Experience with State DOT
- Experience with large Design/Build construction company
- MSEE / SE with more than 5 years work experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.