Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Roadway & Structural Materials Engineer for transportation construction projects throughout California. This individual will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the country, and have key responsibilities for project delivery and quality. You will be part of a diverse and dynamic team of engineers, inspectors and scientists focused on supporting one of our key service and growth areas.
Key Responsibilities :
- Serves as Project Lead with our DOT clients, contractors, and vendors to provide materials engineering expertise and ensure compliance with contract documents during all phases of the project.
- Knowledge of Construction Materials Standards, Specifications and Codes (ASTM, ACI, AWS, IBC)
- Create and manage a strong quality control/assurance program for roadway and structural materials
- Candidates should have an understanding of testing and inspection practices asphalt (HMA) including related roadway materials to provide technical recommendations to field engineers
- Maintain Project focus on ensuring Quality Control plans are fully complied with during the entire project, which requires review of initial plan, checking of compliance throughout the project duration and review of daily reports
- Ability to develop and maintain client relations
Interface on technical materials issues with Resident Engineers, Structures Construction Representatives, Contractors, suppliers and vendors for transportation projects throughout California
- Manage and maintain consistency in accordance to Company and industry standards for all project structural critical components while minimizing the impact on project schedule and cost
- Duties include job site, fabrication and manufacturing shops visits as needed to ensure adequate quality assurance measures are employed
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- CA Professional Engineer Registration (PE)
- Excellent Communications Skills (oral and written)
- Proficiencies with computer programs
- 5 Years min construction or design experience in transportation or commercial projects
- Travel in the State of California and possibly out of state.
- Experience with State DOT
- Experience with Design/Build projects
- MSCE / SE with more than 5 years work experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.