Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Debe, Penal/Debe Regional Corporation, Trinidad and Tobago
Massy Wood is recruiting for a Material Handler with specific knowledge and experience in either Mechanical or ICE, and experience in the oil, gas and energy industry,
- Effectively communicate with materials coordinator to fulfill requests from the line
- Effeicently and accurately Receive, Receipt and Store materials in MAXIMO.
- Efficiently pick, issue, package and dispatch materials in MAXIMO
- Observe proper packaging techniques for shipping of materials to on and offshore locations.
- Review daily equipment checks to assure their integrity and their capacity to execute normal tasks in a safe manner.
- Support tools and equipment management
- Storage of materials assuring proper materials preparation for storage and following minimum safety requirements to assure materials integrity
- Follow adequate hazardous materials management
- When receiving Hazardous Materials consult incompatibility matrix, SDS and ensure they are only store beside compatible materials.
- Apply adequate recommendations given by manufacturers to provide adequate preservation of the materials while they are stored in the warehouse
- Safe keep and safeguard all equipment at warehouse and the warehouse facility
- Promote general order and cleanness of warehouse and optimize the use of available resources
- Provide logistic support for the maintenance department in their efforts to search and locate available materials in MAXIMO and at the warehouse
- Liaise with material coordinators in order to define if materials received at the warehouse must be stored or shipped immediately to one of the facilities.
- When required must fill an Overage, Shortage, Discrepancy or Damage (OSDD) form and report any inconvenient presented by the items being delivered.
- Print labels and tag all the items received and assure all items being issued have the correct labels
- Conduct bagging and tagging of items per project needs (mechanical and/or E&I)
- Performs all other related job functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technician Diploma : Mechanical or Electrical & Instrumentation
- Certificate in Material Handling
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in Warehouse management preferably in the oil and gas or energy industries.
- Minimum of two years experience working with SAP (MM Module)
- Must be able to read and understand written procedures, shipping documents, safety manuals, and safety warning signs.
- Knowledge in Hazardous Material Management and spill containment would be an asset
- Knowledge in Warehousing storage standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.