Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: New York, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.New YorkNew York
About Bureau Veritas
The Director of Business Development for Special Inspections & Material Testing, as well as Construction Inspection and Overall QA/QC, will lead the Bureau Veritas Sales effort and support the Divisional Leaders in new business opportunities for an established Licensed NYC Special Inspections Agency .
You will also be tasked with tracking all business development activities which include tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitating coordinated efforts to attract and retain new clients. The Business Development Director will work with the Dvision Director and additional Business Development Managers to identify new target markets and refine our approach to existing market efforts. This role requires work hour flexibility as well as travel within and outside NYC.
How Success will be defined:
To be successful, the candidate must accomplish the following:
- Focus on growing sales pipeline to meet business growth objectives while also maintaining current client relationships and identify potential new clients.
- Research trends and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities while also improving sales through various methods.
- Build market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships and identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Track the planning for individual projects and seek out decision makers, specifically for Private Development Projects and keep records of sales data and Manage/Maintain information through SalesForce CRM
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations both inside and outside of the Greater NYC area.
- Examine risks and potentials for new business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Enhance organization's reputation and maintain a strong understanding of BVNA service lines
- Explore opportunities to add value to projects and create a greater share of wallet with current clients.
What you will bring:
- BA In Related Field and 5+ years of Experience in Special Inspections & Material Testing
- Proven work experience in Business Development and thorough Market Knowledge of Special Inspections & Material Testing, specifically Private Developers and Private Development Projects in NYC.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely with colleagues and clients of all levels
- An ability to drive success from cross functional teams
- Experience in SalesForce CRM software, or equivalent
- An ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong organizational talents and ability to work under pressure and in new environments
- Strong network of existing clients, specifically with private developers.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.