Skills: Risk Management, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
An award-winning employer, our people are trusted and responsible, believing in what they do with a clear commitment to contribute to transforming the world we live in and shaping a world of trust. Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the world's biggest household names. With more than 400,000 global clients and a reputation for quality, we are at the forefront of service and innovation.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we have worked hard to create a supportive and engaging working environment, which is open and inclusive and individuals are given the opportunity to fulfil their potential and really leave their mark.
Role: Risk & Safety DSEAR Consultant
We are looking for a Consultant to join our specialist Risk & Safety business unit. The role will be focused on delivering DSEAR service for the R&S team but also providing support on other R&S projects when required.
A multifunctional role pivotal to the continued growth of a thriving business, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in a wide range of high-risk sectors including oil and gas, energy and process industries.
Make an impact doing work you can be proud of at Bureau Veritas. Contribute to a global mission to enhance standards with integrity and help us create a brighter future for our next generations, and a safer society for us all.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to delivery of DSEAR and other risk technical projects on time, within cost, and alongside customer satisfaction.
- Understand commercial realities, such as pricing, contract issues and have experience in tender and proposal writing for consulting services.
- Effective team worker, able to work efficiently within project teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to client issues, and present clearly to both technical and non-technical staff and produce reports.
- Be responsive and proactive to opportunities to grow business - and requests for client work and proposals.
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Deliver key personal and divisional KPIs (such as monitoring individual utilisation etc.)
Candidate requirements include:
- A degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Broad base of experience in technical/process safety
- Experience in DSEAR, Risk Assessment and Health and Safety management
- General knowledge of industry structure, plant and equipment, operational realities, ATEX and other H&S regulations
Personal attributes will include:
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Willing to travel to meet client needs
A GLOBAL LEADER WITH A PERSONAL APPROACH
Only Bureau Veritas can offer:
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world's most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer nine years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.