Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Wood Environment and Infrastructure, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a professional to fill an Electrical Engineer/Designer position in our Laramie, WY office. The primary role of this position is to provide technical and design consulting services for commercial, federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Projects may include commercial/municipal building lighting and power, industrial power distribution and communication and fire alarm systems. This position will work under the supervision of a licensed Electrical Engineer. A good fit for this opportunity could also be a Senior Electrical Designer
Location: We prefer that this individual work in our Laramie, WY office. We are also open to an individual who prefers working in either our Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT offices.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish design criteria, perform design calculations, develop one-line diagrams, control schematics, develop Bill of Materials from plans.
- Computer-aided drafting and designing using industry-standard platforms
- Review manufacturer information to assure compliance with specifications.
- Assist and increase involvement with cost estimating, code review, field investigation, report and memo writing and other similar electrical engineering related tasks.
- Limited travel to customer's job sites to conduct site investigations and while providing services during construction. Sites may be located outside of Wyoming so applicant must be able to fly on commercial aircraft. Approximately up to% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university
- 2 -10 years+ of consulting experience
- A good fit for this opportunity could also be a Senior Electrical Designer
- AutoCAD and Revit experience
- Strong educational achievement commensurate with coursework and academic load
- Ability to work productively independently and as a member of a project team
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US. Approximately up to 10% overnight travel
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Detail and quality oriented
- Must pass drug test, fit-for-duty medical exam, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Desired but not Required Additional Qualifications
- Professional Engineering License
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel MS Project and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of the National Electrical Code and other NFPA standards
- Experience using ETAP, SKM Power Tools or other power systems analysis software
- Construction experience, preferably in electrical construction
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.