Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Process Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is hiring for a Process Engineering Intern in our Philadelphia location to support and learn from our team of industry-leading process technology experts, facility design specialists, and project managers to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving process solutions for our clients.
This internship will last the duration of Summer 2021 - Approximately June through August, with the flexibility to begin prior to June or remain with us after August.
On a global scale, Wood serves the PharmaBio, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing engineering and design services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients worldwide. Wood provides full-service engineering, procurement, project management and design services to both new and existing facilities. For projects of every scale, we provide services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
- Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balances
- Establishing a process design basis, developing process options, and optimization of selected design(s)
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for processing equipment (e.g. chromatography columns, pressure vessels, bioreactors, filtration skids)
- Calculating loads for clean utilities and sizing of the distribution lines (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases)
- Calculating and communicating data to other Wood disciplines, such as instrument data for I&C or electrical loads
- Work is reviewed for adequacy and accuracy by a Senior Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- At minimum a current Sophomore, pursuing a BS or MS in chemical/mechanical/bioengineering from an accredited university
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Decision making capabilities
- Problem resolution skills
- Sense of initiative
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Experience in AutoCAD or simulation software is a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.