Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Wood's Environment & Infrastructure Solutions division is seeking an Architect to work in the Structures Group in our Charlotte, North Carolina Office. Our Carolinas region has more than 300 employees in offices in Charlotte, Durham, Asheville, Wilmington, Columbia, and Greenville. Wood is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, and industrial sectors.
The position will entail working on investigation, evaluation, repair, and new design projects on a variety of commercial, government, and industrial buildings and similar structures. Work will also include evaluation and repair of building envelope systems and general consulting regarding building performance. Candidate will be responsible for specific technical design aspects of major projects and will provide architectural consultation in the planning, design, and coordination of projects. We do work nationwide and occasionally worldwide. Candidate will have opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
Skills / Qualifications
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates are anticipated to perform the following job functions:
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards.
- Performs field exploration, inspection, and documentation.
- Utilizes field measuring and testing equipment.
- Reviews and interprets building code requirements.
- Performs reviews of existing buildings, building envelope systems, etc.; designs repairs and alterations for architectural systems; design and documentation of code compliance.
- Independently applies advanced architectural concepts and designs.
- Prepares portions of client deliverables including field reports, drawings, specifications, letters, reports, cost estimates, and proposals.
- Utilizes Revit and AutoCAD as required to support production of construction documents.
- Interacts with other professionals, clients, contractors, building officials, and general public.
- Inspects, documents, and oversees construction activities.
- Coordinates elements of projects for senior staff.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced architects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Professional Degree/Master's of Architecture or B.S./M.S. Architectural Engineering from a NAAB/ABET accredited program with a focus on Architecture and engineering. Master's Degree Preferred.
- N.C.A.R.B Record/E.I. certification, required; ability to obtain professional registration within 1 year.
- 5 - 10 years of related work experience.
- Experience with structural/Architectural evaluation, repair, and new design of buildings and similar structures.
- Working knowledge of Unified Facilities Criteria (UFCs) and other Department of Defense design criteria preferred.
- Strong Revit and AutoCAD Architecture skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills in English. Bi-lingual or multi-lingual is preferred.
- A valid driver's license and clean DMV report.
- Ability to pass a background check for entry into DoD facilities.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Flexibility to travel as required. Up to approximately 15% travel; primarily domestic short duration (typically one week or less) trips. Longer duration and/or international trips are sometimes required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.