Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Baker Hughes has an opening for a Mechanical Chief Consulting Engineer who will drive the development and implementation of common design process across Baker Hughes. In this role, you will establish and manage a robust, systematic, interdisciplinary approach that drives holistic, fit for purpose system solutions. You are providing comprehensive expertise to reduce risk in the product and technology development process. Own the Model based multidisciplinary Design Community of Practice (CoP).
- Acts as the ultimate technical advisor & authority with deep system level view and expertise
- Applies deep knowledge of product development process and related process e.g. design reviews - must be able to develop new development processes and improve/optimize/combine existing processes as needed
- Establish and further drive the development of the Mechanical Engineering Community of practice to establish connectivity across Baker Hughes and as key vehicle to evaluate and implement latest technologies into Baker Hughes
- Develop and implement common design processes and tools across Baker Hughes
- Key resource for content and structure of technical training curriculum as well as competency development within the Mechanical Engineering community.
- Identifies technical risk in complex system quickly and correctly as well as drives resolution with the project team.
- Contributes as a technical staffing advisor/counsellor
- Operates as a technical expert to identify root causes and devise resolution.
- Works on very complex technological issues and develops new solutions using innovative approaches.
- Contributes to visionary identification of market needs and proposal of adequate solutions
- Provides ideas and solutions with multidisciplinary, multi-product, multi-system expertise.
- Implements the methodology of multi physics model based development into the Research and Product development process of Baker Hughes
- Applies and educates Baker Hughes Technical community in the field of modern development methods using data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to accelerate the development process of state of the art products and services
- Presents to top leadership of the business (SEB, Sr.VP) on technical discipline and business solutions.
- Operates and guides cross business teams to drive overarching business solutions.
- Applies outstanding technical and product development expertise - and a track record of solving cross functional technical issues
- May be assigned to or lead special projects within Baker Hughes
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and 20+ years' experience or Master's / PHD degree from an accredited university or college and 15 years' experience in the field
- Solid background in mechanical engineering, product development and integrated systems design.
- Broad and deep familiarity with the Baker Hughes products and product lines.
- Strong influencing skills and is able to drive execution and change at all levels of the organization.
- Is able to apply multi physics principles and software to drive the use of model based development for complex multidisciplinary cyber-physical systems that involve the integration of sensors, actuators, electronics and software components, Is able to teach others in the field and drive the use of these methods and tools in Baker Hughes.
- Is deeply familiar with modern product development concepts applying elements of data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and modern manufacturing methods like additive and model based production systems architectures.
- Strong design creativity and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Strong multidisciplinary technical skills
- System Engineering and project management expertise
- Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training is helpful
- Willingness and ability to travel - Internationally
- Strong customer satisfaction mindset
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment and being able to reach across product companies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.